The Leopards jump to 20-7 with their second straight win and move to 5-2 in conference, while the Golden Bears dip to 12-16 this season and 2-5 against league opponents.
- Kills – Leah Rogoz (13), Samantha Lassiter (10) (.304), Mary Zlotosch (10)
- Digs – Leah Rogoz (21), Lexie Cambray (15), Mary Zlotosch (13)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (36)
- Blocks – Mary Zlotosch (4 BA, 1 BS)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Errors plagued Wentworth in the opening set, as the Leopards committed 11 errors on 43 swings with 11 kills. Western New England hit its best in the frame, though just at .194, and opened on an 11-3 run which carried them to the end.
- The Leopards bounced back and hit .294 with just a pair of errors and jumped to a 5-0 lead with Jordan Chapman (Clearwater, Fla.) on the serve, capped by an ace after three points from Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) and Mary Zlotosch (Durham, N.H.). Four straight points built the Leopard lead to six, 9-3, as Western New England couldn't catch up, despite pulling within three late in the frame. After a blast from WIT's Riley Waggoner (Simi Valley, Calif.), Western New England did themselves in with four straight errors handing Wentworth the 25-18 lead.
- The third set experienced four ties before WIT turned a 6-4 run into an 11-9 lead. Samantha Lassiter (Rogers, Ark.) smashed three consecutive kills, giving Wentworth a 15-10 lead to force the Golden Bears into a timeout, but the Leopards stayed in front heading into set four.
- Chapman again set the Leopards in front of the Golden Bears after five straight points and a 6-1 lead from the serve. Back-to-back aces from Zlotosch built a 12-6 lead in favor of Wentworth, before two three-point spurts gave Wentworth match-point 24-13. Zlotosch then put the match away with a final swing from Chapman's pass.
- Wentworth has won the past four matches against WNE.
- Leopards post fourth straight 20-win season.
- Rogoz registers 16th straight double-double.
- Wentworth will honor its graduating class on Saturday before the Leopards host Gordon College at 11:00 a.m.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.