Wentworth improves to 5-2 on the year, while the Lasers drop to 2-5.
STAT LEADERS – Wentworth
- Kills – Jade Iadarola (8), Leah Rogoz (8) (.538)
- Digs – Lexie Cambray (13)
- Aces – Lexie Cambray (3)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (18)
- Blocks – Mary Zlotosch (3BA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lasers struggled offensively throughout the match, combining for 20 errors on 83 attempts for a -.084 attack percentage. The Leopards shut down Lasell's top outside hitter-Kiana Perez Diaz, who only registered a single kill in the setback.
- Midway through the first set, Wentworth came out of a timeout with the score tied 12-12, and exploded for a 10-0 run. Senior Claire Quick (Mission Viejo, Calif.) led the offensive surge with three kills in the spurt to give Wentworth an insurmountable 22-12 advantage. The Black & Gold hit a match-high .281 in the opening set, committing just three errors on 32 swings.
- Despite an early 6-3 lead with points from junior Makenna Salsbury (Bel Air, Md.)) and sophomores Jade Iadarola (Miami, Fla.) and Mary Zlotosch (Durham, N.H.), the Lasers quickly erased the deficit and jumped out in front on the heels of a 7-1 run. Wentworth then rattled off ten points, allowing the Lasers to score just two, as the home team regained the advantage 17-12 to force a Lasers' timeout. The break couldn't stop the bleed for Lasell, as Wentworth scored the final eight of 11 points to lead the match 2-0.
- After six set ties to begin the final set, Iadarola booked back-to-back kills alongside a strong swing from Peyton Tague (The Woodlands, Texas0 that lifted the Leopards to an 11-8 advantage. The Lasers pulled within a single point, 11-10 after a kill from Amanda DiLeonardo, but strong hitting from Wentworth led a 14-5 run for the straight-set victory.
- The Leopards have won the last two of three matches in straight sets
- This is Wentworth's fourth straight win against the Lasers
Wentworth will host a non-conference tri-match on Saturday with matches scheduled against WPI and Keene State. The three matches are set for 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.