HOOKSETT, N.H. – Tournament most valuable player senior Georgy Gorodetsky (Yekaterinburg, Russia) assisted on a pair of goals and 11 other skaters recorded at least one point as the Wentworth Institute of Technology ice hockey team captured the Manchester PAL/Stovepipe Tournament title with a 6-1 win over SUNY Morrisville.
SHOTS: WIT 35; MOR 17
PENALTIES/MINUTES: WIT 4/19; MOR 3/14
POWER PLAYS: WIT 0-2; MOR 1-4
GOALIE SAVES: WIT – Thomas Draper, 16; MOR – Owen Liskiewicz, 29
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- For the second straight day, Wentworth scored in the opening minute of play as junior Dante Flori (Watertown, Mass.) scored from senior Adam Tracey (Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.) and Gorodetsky just 43 seconds into the contest. Morrisville evened the score while on a major power play at the 8:15 mark as senior Ryan Bochert (Denver, Colo.) scored from sophomore Jesse Anderson (Wasaga Beach, Ont.) and freshman Rich Hart (Liverpool, N.Y.).
- Wentworth took a 2-1 lead, which started a 5-0 run, when Chase scored from Gorodetsky and Tracey with 1:55 left in the first period.
- The Leopards scored twice in the second period as senior Drew DiGeronimo (Fitchburg, Mass.) got things started with his first career marker, assisted by freshman Rhett Rampinelli (Lakewood Ranch, Fla.) at 6:01. At 11:55 of the period, Flori and freshman Kasey O'Brien (Stoneham, Mass.) set up freshman Alec Taillon (Terrebonne, Que.) for his first career tally.
- Wentworth tacked on a pair of goals in the third period to make it 6-1. At 13:41, Sophomore Jake McKenelley (Middleton, Mass.) and freshman Sam Milnes (Middletown, R.I.) provided assists to junior Brenden Lloyd's (Merrick, N.Y.) goal, while Flori recorded his second of the game at 19:31, which was set up by freshman Carter Stephenson (West Vancouver, B.C.) and Lloyd.
- Flori finished with two goals and an assist while Lloyd (goal, assist) and Tracey (two assists) also recorded multiple points.
- Sophomore Thomas Draper (Binghamton, N.Y.) made 17 saves.
- Wentworth has now won two straight games for the first time this season.
- Today was the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.